Tuesday, October 9, 2007

October 9, 2007

On Friday September 28th, I went to the Dr. and they diagnosed me with testicular cancer. Unfortunately, the only way to be sure is to perform a procedure known as radical inguinal orchiectomy (I have added a link at the bottom where you can read more) and they scheduled this for Wednesday October 3rd. The procedure went well and I heard back from the Dr. on Friday the 5th and he said that I did have testicular cancer and it was classified as Stage 3, T3. At this point, we are waiting to hear back on a time for a CT scan as that will show the Dr. where and if the cancer has spread. I believe we will then discuss the different types of treatment which could include another surgery, chemo or radiation.
Our goal with this blog is to keep everyone informed. We will update as frequently as there is something new to share.
Sam

Testicular Cancer

TC-Cancer

10 comments:

Mike Gregg said...

Sam:

Thanks for keeping us informed. Cindy and I are thinking about you and look forward to your quick recovery. Take care and keep in touch!

Mike & Cindy

Anonymous said...

Sammy & Jen,

I can only imagine how many phone calls you have received and how many time you have repeated the story and results. Thank you both for this. We love you and just know a you will be better soon.

Love, Mom and Steve

Anonymous said...

Sam and Jen,

I am so sorry, I had no idea. My thoughts are prayers will be with you and your family! Thank you for creating this blog to keep all of your loved ones, friends, informed. If I can do anything...I hope for a speedy recovery for you Sam.

Jaymi

Anonymous said...

Sam and Jennifer,

As always, your strength shines thru and this time by looking out for others. Thank you for keeping us and all your family and friends informed. Let us know how we can help and be assured you are in our daily thoughts and prayers. Get better!

Faye and Mike

Anonymous said...

Sam:

We are truly sorry about your plight, but we know that you will fight it with everything you have. We are thinking of you and look forward to your recovery so I can give you a hard time about more mundane things, like the Avalanche and the Nuggets. We wish you all the best.

Terry and Linda

Unknown said...

Sam and Jen,

Thank you so much for all the information. Knowing you I know you'll be armed with all the knowledge and strength you need to fight this! My thoughts are with you. Take care!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Dear Sam & Jen,
Just got an email from your Mom. David & I are sorry to hear about your situation. We are glad to hear it was caught early and hope for your quick recovery. Our thoughts are with you.
Best Wishes,
Elaine & David Gardner

Mary Moreland said...

Your mom sent me the blog address. Thanks to both of you for creating this wonderful way for us to stay informed. Much Love, Aunt Mary

judy said...

Jen
I showed this email to your dad and he thanks you. Take it easy, one day at a time.
Judy and Jim

Anonymous said...

Sam:

I am very sorry. You and your family are in my prayers. Thanks for all the information.

Mila