Saturday, July 15, 2023

Feeling good….

Since I know you don’t want to ask….. I’m feeling great right now. The steroid is helping as I’ve been pain free for over a week and have skated a couple times. I emailed my health advocate earlier this week to make sure it was okay to play hockey and she gave me the thumbs up. I was scheduled to play in a men’s league tourney July 21-23 and gave my spot up a while back. Turns out one of the guys now can’t make it so I’m back on the roster!

As advertised, the steroid have me hungry all the time and I’m sure any weight I dropped last month is back.  The good thing is I have an appetite.  I’ve asked my advocate if we can schedule time with a nutritionist especially if we’re talking about AIP as there are some trigger food to be avoided. While I already eat a restrictive diet (no beef, pork, shellfish, alcohol….) it doesn’t mean I eat great and I guess there is a need for more protein, less inflammation causing foods and I don’t know what those are. Since I got sick last year, the suggested no more fired foods and I’ve done a good job passing on them although I still like some sweets. Anyway, look to understanding from a dr. The right way to eat as I find the internet suggestions overwhelming and hard to find a place to start.

Still waiting on Blood work details from LA visit and then nothing happening until July 25th appointments. 

Thanks for checking in and more to follow soon. 

Sam

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very glad to know you're feeling better enough to skate! That's huge! I'm kind of surprised they didn't require you to have a consult with a nutritionist; I would think that would be automatic before you left the hospital.
Great news!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Sam. Glad to hear!