Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Dr Banks and ERCP

Dr Banks called late Monday and he (and team) believe, it's either a severe case of Chronic Pancreatitis or AIP. He was trending towards AIP and wanted to know how the steroids were doing. He suggested 2 additional tests (including A1C blood test) and asked me to follow up with him after the July 25th appointments to understand what my Dr's are suggesting. He also mentioned, if I want him to continue reviewing my case, I'd need to plan an in person hospital visit.

Also received call yesterday from UCHealth and they scheduled an ERCP for Friday August 11th. This will replace the current stent although, according to what Nissen said, there is a chance it could fall out on it's own.  All of it still revolves around the success of these steroids and possibility we might get an actual diagnosis. It still feels like we're trending further and further from a big surgical procedure.

I'm scheduled to leave for a work trip on August 18th and planning to go....   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything that has an explanation that would lead to a resolve sounds better than wonderful. Mom

Elaine said...

My love and prayers are with you, Jen and the kids
I wish I was as strong as you!
Hugs and Kisses
Elaine