Thursday, August 3, 2023

August Update

 Good Morning,

A few things to update and then more waiting....


I spoke with Dr. Wani's office last week and they gave me a schedule to reduce the steriod usage. I was on 40mg a day and each Friday, I'll go down by 5mg until they're gone. Already a week in and tomorrow will be at 30mg a day. I'm glad we're backing off as the food thing seems to be the only continuing issue and by food thing, I mean the constant need for food. I've told a few of you this pull to eat is what i'd imaging having an addiction is like and, while I believe i've got great willpower, I just cant fight this. When i'm awake, i'm thinking about food and that's pretty unusual for me. 

My next Dr's Appointment is Friday August 11th to get the stent in my bile duct out. As I mentioned before, this is Not a replacement so that's great news.

On September 6th, I have an appointment with Dr. Wani to talk about AIP. Besides our one online call last year and seeing him at the EUS appointments, i've not had an office visit and not sure what to expect. I'm still doing research on AIP and imagine we'll have lots of questions.

On September 22nd, I have a nutrition appointment and i'm looking forward to this one. Since my search history is now filled with "anti-inflammatory" and similar searches, i'm getting overwhelmed with suggestions and it's hard to know whats best and it will be good to talk with a Dr. about it. Of course, I understand the obvious stuff and will avoid in my diet while not going extreme. Seems like moderation or elimination of some bad foods will help.

That's it... not much happening here over the next few weeks and i'll follow up after my office visit with Dr. Wani.

Thanks again for the continued good thoughts and appreciate you.


Sam

  




1 comment:

Liana Huey said...

We’ll, we’ve sort of fallen off the face of the earth for a while and I’ve just caught up with your entire blog postings! I hope you’ve had a chance to reread all your posts because it’s amazing the lengthy roller coaster ride you’ve been through! I’m exhausted just reading it all and can’t see how you remember the Dr.s, meds, procedures, details, etc., etc. so completely and well.
What a relief you all must have felt with the (at last) definitive diagnosis. I’m so glad. I will remember to check your posting more frequently for updates.
Ken and I care so much for all of you and would love to get together with you. I hear Addie is loving CSU and am very glad for that. It’s such a good school!
We wish continued improvement and that the diminishing steroids do the trick when all is said and done.
Much Love, Liana and Ken